|We are on the last leg of the biggest lies told in the coaching industry tour of the week! |
Big lie #10 – You only need mindset and energetics, and you don’t need strategy in your business. I just have to laugh at this one. Even as someone who heavily believes in and values the role that mindset plays in your success. It is NOT the “only” thing you need. You actually need both. Strategy and Mindset in business are like yin and yang. Strategy and Mindset are complementary and interconnected- one without the other will get you nowhere fast.
Ask any millionaire, billionaire, or successful person in business, if they have a method to their madness (aka strategy), and I guarantee they do. The ones who are telling you it’s all energetics either 1) are bold faced lying to you because they don’t want you to know, or 2) they have no idea WHAT their strategy is to be able to teach you and they are just making it up as they go.
#11- Finally, this is one that I was definitely guilty of… I got caught up in this lie for a long time in my business. And it’s that you can’t sell something more than once, or that you can’t talk about something more than once, like putting out content more than one time after you’ve done it already.
I was on that hamster wheel thinking that I had to reinvent the wheel every single time. Come up with new stuff, come up with new offers, launch new things every single time. But guess what?
If you’ve actually been taking heed to some of the other tips that I’ve given, when you’re growing your audience and email list, it makes sense to repurpose your valuable content. Those people haven’t seen the things that you posted last month, six months ago, last year or even two days ago. AND if it’s really good content, you should be repurposing it in multiple different formats so it’s seen again by people to reinforce your ideas and also to create new avenues for NEW people to see it.
Repetition and consistency in your messaging is actually a good thing! Stop burning yourself out by constantly reinventing the wheel.
Here’s a recap of all of the “lies” in the coaching industry that I busted this week:
1. You just need to be in someone’s energy in order to calibrate to their success and wealth.
2. You have to buy something at X, Y, Z price in order to be able to charge that as a service provider.
3. You can never discount your products or services.
4. You can’t sell high ticket and low ticket at the same time.
5. You have to do live streams every single day in order to make sales and to be visible.
6. You don’t need to grow an email list or grow your audience or drive traffic to your website, and that people are just going to magically find you.
7. You’re a solopreneur, which means that you can do everything by yourself and wear all the hats.
8. It’s so easy to run a business and get clients.
9. High ticket equals high value or high quality.
10. You only need mindset and energetics, and you don’t need strategy in your business.
11. You can’t sell something more than once, or that you can’t talk about something more than once.
I hope you enjoyed this series!
Now, I want to know: which one of these have you gotten caught up in? Which one of these lies did you believe? How did it affect your business?
Reply and let me know!